At the beginning of the month, I showed you all some gift giving bullet journal spreads. If you have not seen that post, you can read it here! Today, I am staying in the holiday spirit but focusing on something other than gifts: a holiday bucket list and a scavenger hunt that you can do in the safety of your own car! I know it’s hard to go out and do a lot right now, so these ideas are COVID safe to get you out of the house and having some fun. I also wanted to add that I will be linking my supplies in the END of the blog posts for my bullet journal spreads from now on. So if you want to see what I use, scroll down for the links:) With that being said, my first spread today is a bucket list for the winter months.
I chose to make this bucket list into a tic-tac-toe board! However, the goal is to cover the whole board, not just one line ;). Every activity is “COVID conscious” (most you can do right from your home, but a few are outside, such as taking a walk in the snow or having a car scavenger hunt). You can choose to make this spread yourself, or just use some of the ideas for a weekend full of fun. Either way, I hope you enjoy! If you have any other fun ideas for the winter months, leave them in the comments! I love being adventurous and trying new activities.
P.S. I posted my fall bucket list below to show you how I did. I wasn’t able to do everything on my list that I wanted, but I think I did pretty well! If you read the post with my fall spread, go to my Fall Spreads post.
Car Scavenger Hunt
I heard someone talking about doing a Christmas scavenger hunt at my work, so I knew I had to make one for you all to try! Do this scavenger hunt with just your family or have a race with a bunch of your friends (safely in your cars!). I love this because there are so many COVID safe ways to play, and it allows you to do something with others. Here are a few ways to do this scavenger hunt…
- Go with just your family: try to find as many of the items as you can. Either set a time limit (maybe an hour?) and see how many you can find in that time, or see how fast you can find all 25 items.
- Go with a few families (part 1): start off by making point values for each item. Harder items, such as an outdoor gingerbread house, have higher point values. Everyone goes in their own car and you give everyone a limit of one hour to find as many items as possiblele. At the end of the hour, everyone counts up their points to see who won. If you really want to be competitive, have everyone take pictures and show each other on a Zoom call so you have no liars!
- Go with a few families (part 2): everyone starts at the same time and the first family to find ALL 25 items wins!
- “Advent calendar” style: every day, you go out and find one item on the list (sorry, you will have to go a little after Christmas because it didn’t come out at the beginning of the month). There are 25 things to find, so you will have something to do for 25 days!
Just to clarify a few items on the list: the “projectors” category means finding the houses with projector lights. They have many different patterns, so you have to find all five. A saying would be a light that projects something like “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays.” The outdoor gingerbread house will probably just be a blow up, same with the candy canes!
Thank you for reading! Let me know how you do with your bucket lists! And, if you do the scavenger hunt, let me know how it goes! I haven’t done it yet, but I plan to next week!
- Dotted grid paper
- Happy Planner website (5.99)
- Hobby Lobby (5.99)
- Seasonal stickers-I bought it at Walmart, but I think they discontinued it
- Happy Planner website (19.99, on sale now for 15.99)
- <a href="http://<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=lifewitheg-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B07YN3K1SY&asins=B07YN3K1SY&linkId=f74d0eac2fad3b25582f469fa23b4fd7&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=true&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff"> Amazon (16.41 + 5.08 shipping)
- Calligraphy markers (fall bucket list page)
- Amazon (18.99)
- Brush markers (heading on car scavenger hunt)
- Amazon (23.99)
- Erasable pens (winter bucket list page)